Wednesday 27 April 2016

The Wall...

Good Evening -(7.25pm)  please note the time... I'm home from work in reasonable time today...

AND I've had a bath too ;-)

So - "The Wall" - it's nothing exciting... just a wall in the guest room that we're sticking,pinning or wedging 'stuff that might be useful on'




There's something quite nostalgic about sticking stuff on a wall with blue-tac.  It takes me back to my youth with my  Kim Wilde and Stephen Tin Tin Duffy ( I mean, what kind of a name is that?) posters... 

Ignoring 80's pop icons  for a moment, it's a great place to shove stuff that you don't want to have to go digging for in the future - I do feel quite rebellious too as I've even used some sellotape to hold the boat plan to the wall.  If you look closely enough you can see my first attempt at the heating circuit.  I have since began drawing a proper on on my laptop... which I'll share when I eventually have a boat to begin fitting it to!

If you've been reading this for a while, you may remember I mentioned my "12 v bible" - well, one of the most useful things related to that was a snippet from either "Canal" magazine or "Waterways World" :

It's a readers question but the useful part is the formula for calculating voltage drop - to determine the correct size of cable for a given appliance  

Another thing that might be of interest is a residential (as in on the boat) Helmsman's Course with Bear boating... effectively a weekend away for 2 people, doing the helmsman's at the same time.  

They're quite local to us and we saw the boat out and about last year on the Leeds & Liverpool... it looks quite swish... it's expensive but WILL come in useful.  More about that in the future.


Quite by chance, we've also pulled out the Waterways profile for the Aire & Calder Navigation (where our mooring is located)

  - I used to collect these  and stick them in a folder for future reference... however it was decided a while back, it was just more "clutter" we didn't need and ditched them...  it does seem sensible to keep this one though - ready  for our first explorations!

Until next time...



No comments: